Andrew and Mommy

Andrew and Mommy

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

scared, confused, worried

I wrote an email to an agency that I had decided not to use.....I just explained that I had chosen Kazakhstan and an agency that has had success placing children with single moms. The response I got was worrisome. She threw a whole bunch of "threats" at me--said I should make sure I ask the new agency about the possibility of singles not being allowed to adopt in the near future, the delays caused because Kaz is likely to go Hague, the incredible amount of travel time in country--8-9 weeks....it felt like scare tactics, to try to get me to come back to her agency. I know there are no guarantees in adoption...or in life, for that matter.....and choosing an adoption agency feels like such a gamble.

I hope I made the right choice...I wonder how many times in the next year or so I will question my decision....it's already an emotional roller coaster, and I've just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment