Andrew and Mommy

Andrew and Mommy

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wonderful people

I love it when I'm reminded how great people can be.....as I have been going through the dossier process, I have had to ask people for things. That's not something I often do! I usually try to be the independent one who can do everything on my own. However, that's not possible in the dossier process. For example, I have been to the credit union to get document after document notarized. Now, my new friend, Carla, is someone I can call by name every time I enter the bank! I was amazed at how helpful everyone has been so far in the process. Today, for example, I was finally able to connect with my doctor about the health statement. She was having a hard time finding anyone at the clinic to notarize for her, so I contacted my neighbor (who I just found out was a notary) and asked her to help. She met me at my doctor's office today so we could get the letter done. I really appreciate my neighbor going out of her way, leaving work to meet me at my doctor's office! So many people....part of the process....I won't take it for granted. I will be sure to show my appreciation for everyone along the way--that means my family, my friends who have written letters and supported me, even the clerk at the local police department! At this point, the adoption process is really reminding me of the GOOD in people!

1 comment:

  1. it really is amazing the people who help and who you meet who are so exciting for you! can't wait to hear about you getting it all turned in and you can start the referral wait! so much fun (that was sarcastic, if you couldn't tell)

    ReplyDelete