Andrew and Mommy

Andrew and Mommy

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to wait for a referral!

My dossier is officially in Ethiopia and has been for a couple of weeks now. My agency told me this week that there is only one other family ahead of me for an infant referral, either gender! This is great news! They estimate that I should hear something in 2-3 months. That means that I should be matched to my baby by Thanksgiving! Once that happens, then I would travel 2-3 months after that to meet the baby and for court approvals.....and then about 6 weeks later, I will make a second trip to bring the baby home. A possible hold up in the timeline could be that the Ethiopian courts close completely for about 6 weeks from August 6th until mid September. So, this timeline could be pushed back another 6 weeks. Either way is fine with me....I'm just hoping to have a baby home by this spring!!

In the meantime, I have plenty to keep busy. My students come back this Saturday, and we have band camp for a week...and then school and the busy football season begins! Plenty to do while I wait for a referral!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, Sue!! This is excellent news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, I got your comment on my blog. I got Ben's shirt at CafePress.com. They have great adoption shirts!!

    ReplyDelete