Andrew and Mommy

Andrew and Mommy

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Court Passed!

On this past Monday, our first court hearing took place in Addis. This is the one when the birth mother officially relinquishes A to the orphanage/government so that I can come adopt him on November 18th!! All went smoothly, so my official travel dates are November 10-20, with court on the 18th. My mom and dad are going with me for this first trip. We're all really excited! We had all of our shots ($$$), I've been collecting donations for the orphanage, and I will pack this weekend. We leave one week from today!!

Recently, I have received several new pictures from families who have seen my little guy, and the pictures are phenomenal!! I'm so appreciative. I wish I could post the pics here, because I'm telling you--my little "peanut" is one good-looking kid:-) When I opened one of the new pictures last night that had him with a giant smile on his face, I just burst into tears! (Of course, pretty much anything related to this process makes me cry these days!) All good!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good, this means I am not the only one bursting into tears several times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So excited for you! I won't be able to come to your shower but have some cute Ethiopian/Africa/adoption outfits for you!

    ReplyDelete